Thursday, August 24, 2006

Read ST Forums for laughs

In the aftermath of the National Day Rally, there are quite a number of interesting letters to the ST. In fact, almost all of the letters refered to the rally speech.

Most of them are fairly well thought out and have valid points. While ST is not noted for its sense of humor, the forum section shows that Singaporeans are ingenious jokers. One of them deserved even more of a mention than the last funny one.
Aug 23, 2006
S'poreans have to pay a price for not heeding govt's plea for more babies

I missed Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's National Day Rally Speech on television last Sunday.

When I read about it in The Straits Times the next day, a sudden sadness overwhelmed me.

The Singapore government has decided to be more aggressive in attracting immigrants with talents of all kinds to Singapore with the offer of Singapore permanent residence status, once purportedly aimed at graduates, professionals, bankers, lawyers and the like.

What a huge price Singaporeans have to pay for not heeding the government's persistent plea for higher birth rates among its people, and to be less picky about jobs.

I am for the Singapore government's move to import foreign talents to fill the gap and boost the economy by creating job opportunities as entrepreneurs.

But I shrug at the thought that some native Singaporeans, especially the young and educated of marrying age, do not think it their duty to marry and procreate as part of nation-building, and the unemployed who still fuss over jobs, choosing to remain jobless rather than accepting a job below their expectations.

Singaporeans should not be complacent. Nation-building is our utmost duty and responsibility.

Lee Pai Ping (Ms)

I am speechless on reading this wonderful letter.

All I can say that if it is a joke, it is another good one. And wow, Singaporeans are finally developing their sense of hurmor, I must that I am the most impressed.

I wished Ms Lee all the best in her future procreation and may she singlehandedly save Singapore from ruin.

Solution?




Technorati: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is not intended to be authorative or clever in any way. It was based on rambling of a half crazed creature, so treat it as such and let it be! I was asked to keep my dangerous thoughts and unbalanced views all in one safe place , and so I did. Objectivity, Accuracy, Responsiblity and any High Standards are certainly not part of this blog's features. However, I must stress that I do not strive to mislead people, confuse people, and much less undermine our national strategy.